This is our 1st 2007 kuih raya . For our version, momy used veg oil, omitted egg yolk, also add some water to the mixture. so what do you think. shall we make more of these. ohh momy tak sanggup.
mamafami's original recipe:
for step-by-step procedure see mamafami.fotopages.
3/4 cup icing sugar
1 cup margarine
1 cup maziena (corn flour)
1 egg yolk
enough flour (I used 1 3/4 cups flour)
Jam for filling
- Beat icing sugar and margarine till light and creamy.
- Add in egg yolk and continue beating.
- Add corn flour and mix well.
- Add in flour, a bit at a time till a soft dough is formed.
- Roll about 3/4 cm (I rolled about 1/2 cm thick) thick and cut using a round cutter.
- Spread a bit of jam on top and fold into 2.
- With two folded pieces, join them together to form a flower shape.
- Put in small papercups and bake till golden brown