Saturday 19 May 2007
Homemade Mee Kuning
my new pasta maker. titania imperia. haha dapat murah kat tkmaxx. cost just 20 eur. apa lagi anything bargain, ambik jek.
weekend project dengan Irma and tak ketinggalan Baby pun kene kerah. thanks baby tolong kita orang. Berjaya buat mee sendiri. cam tak caya la.
6 cups plain flour
1 1/2 cups water
1 tablespoon ash water/lye water (or edible lime water)
few drops of yellow coloring
1. Mix above ingredients into a mixing bowl. Knead for about 10 minutes. Dough should not be too soft.
2. Let dough rest for 1 hour.
3. Make into small balls. Roll flat and coat with flour.
4. Put into the pasta machine, the smooth part. Repeat trice.
5. Coat the thin piece into enough flour and put through the noodle cutter on the pasta machine.
6. Mix water with some salt and oil and bring to boil. Pour the noodles into the boiling water for about 5 minutes. Keep stirring to avoid noodles from sticking to each other.
7. Pour noodles into a strainer and wash with running tap water.
8. When cold, rub noodles with oil.
9. Ready to use.
500g tepung gandum
1tbs air abu
nb: next time will use recipe1 (better texture).
nb: also do not over cook the mee.
nb: do not put any salt in the dough as this will spoil the pasta machine because pasta machines cannot be washed.
Jom makan mee goreng.! Thanks Man.