this time using pau recipe by tok ma. baked instead of steam.
- 500g bread flour
- 240 warm sweeten soy milk
- 35g oil
- 5g bread improver
- 60g sugar
- 1tbs yeast
- 5g baking powder
- 1 tbs vinegar
- butter + sugar+ raisin + cinnamons powder
- inti kacang merah
- 1/2 biji telur
- 1 sudubesar fresh milk
- 1 sudu kecil gula
- Proof the yeast in soy milk,let sit for 10 minutes until foamy
- In bread maker, add in flour, sugar, oil, warm milk,bread improver, baking powder and salt
- Add in the proofed yeast; select basic bread program (3hr process)
- switch on the BM, let it process for 30 mins
- after 30 mins, turn off BM, take out dough
- Place dough in a large well oiled bowl
- Cover, and let rise in a warm spot for 60-90 minutes, or until DOUBLE in size (I like to rise my dough in the oven, just set oven to 200 degrees and warm for 3 minutes, then turn off the heat while you are making the dough, this will create a perfect temperature to raise dough in, and usually takes only 1 hour to rise with oven method).
- Punch down dough.
- Shape into large balls, and place on a large greased cookie sheet. greased hand with oil to avoid dough sticking when shaping
- Cover with a light clean tea towel, and let rise in a warm place for 30-40 minutes, or until almost DOUBLED (warm oven rise should take 30 minutes.
- shaped & glazed
- bake for 15 min or until cook